Observer Reporter Newspaper Published: March 19, 2015
Athena award finalists announced by chamber
The finalists for the 2015 Washington County ATHENA Award were announced by the Washington County Chamber of Commerce. They are:
- Ester Clark Barnes, youth program coordinator, Southwest Training Services, Inc.;
- Anna Berg, operations specialist, Pennsylvania American Water;
- Katherine B. Emery, President Judge, Washington County Court;
- Kathleen Kleinmann, chief executive officer, Tri County Patriots for Independent Living;
- Kimberly Shoup, office manager, Northwest Savings Bank;
- Mindy M. Zatta, private wealth advisor, Mosaic Wealth Consulting;
According to Jeff Kotula, president of the chamber, the ATHENA Award is an internationally recognized award that honors women’s leadership within the business and civic communities.
“The award promotes women’s leadership by honoring exceptional individuals in the community who contribute in significant ways to the achievements of women and women’s leadership issues,” he said.
Each year the event attracts approximately 300 people to recognize the role of women in Washington County’s economic, social and civic development.
The 2015 ATHENA Award will be presented to one of the six finalists during a lunch presentation May 8 at the Hilton Garden Inn, Southpointe. For more information, contact the Washington County Chamber of Commerce at 724-225-3010.