At Southwest Training Services, Inc., we strive to provide prompt and courteous service at all times. If you are currently unemployed, underemployed, or are a dislocated worker, please call or stop by to find out how we can help you.
- Academic testing and remediation
- High school equivalency (GED) classes
- Support services
- Individual Training Account (ITA) grants to help qualified individuals obtain the education and skills needed for high priority occupations in the Southwest Corner.
(Also other areas across the state are included. Search for the correct workforce area at the bottom of the document)
- Proctored certification exams
- Paid on-the-job training
- Job development and placement services
- The National Retail Federation’s Professional Certification in Customer Service is based on the knowledge and skills used in entry-level to first-line supervisory positions in retail and service industries. The training program can can be completed in less than one month. Eligible youth participants (ages 17-24) can earn up to $250 for participating. [More information: flyer for youth; link to NRF’s website]
Southwest Training Services, Inc. is also a certified testing center for Scantron (www.scantron.com), a certification and licensure testing company offering Internet-based and paper-and-pencil testing in an on demand and/or scheduled testing environment in 500 cities and 70 countries.
More than 5,000 free unique virtual training modules are available through SkillUp® PA, a virtual learning platform offered in partnership with Metrix Learning and PA CareerLink®. SkillUp® PA provides free online job training for Pennsylvanians who need to enter the workforce or advance their careers, as well as the businesses who will get a new pipeline of the skilled workers they need to succeed. CLICK HERE to visit the website and get started!