At Southwest Training Services, Inc., we strive to provide prompt and courteous service at all times. If you are currently unemployed or are anticipating being laid off, please call or stop by to find out how we can help you.
- academic testing and remediation
- high school equivalency (GED) classes
- support services
- Individual Training Account (ITA) grants to help qualified individuals obtain the education and skills needed for high priority occupations in the Southwest Corner.
(Also other areas across the state are included. Search for the correct workforce area at the bottom of the document)
- proctored certification exams
- paid on-the-job training
- job development and placement services
- Southwest Training now offers the Prove It! assessment system. This is an Internet-based skills assessment program that provides hundreds of tests for clerical, software, industrial, healthcare, financial and technical job classifications. In addition, Prove It! also offer training tutorials for Microsoft Office titles. The purpose of Prove It! is to identify skills that an individual currently has. It is also available to identify any possible training needs. Training may involve Prove It! tutorials, college, or vocational programs. Some of the learning tutorials include Access, Excel, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office XP, Outlook, PowerPoint, Windows, Word, Peachtree, and QuickBooks. For a complete list of available assessments, visithttp://skillcert.proveit.com/. For more information call our main office at 724-229-1350 x 292 and ask for Aimee.
- The National Retail Federation’s Professional Certification in Customer Service is based on the knowledge and skills used in entry-level to first-line supervisory positions in retail and service industries. The training program can can be completed in less than one month. Eligible youth participants (ages 17-21) can earn up to $250 for participating. [More information: flyer for youth;link to NRF’s website]
Southwest Training Services, Inc. is also a certified testing center for CASTLE Worldwide, Inc. (www.castleworldwide.com), a certification and licensure testing company offering Internet-based and paper-and-pencil testing in an on demand and/or scheduled testing environment in 500 cities and 70 countries.